Sunday, February 5, 2012

A LIFE IN FASHION PANEL


High School Student's Listen to Designers, Stylist, Bloggers, and Editors 
Fashion Week Starts February 9th
“Basically, just go out and buy yourself a big old horseshoe and carry it in your back pocket,” said the 69-year-old designer. “Most of my life is a lot of luck, crazy luck.”


The very interested and colorfully dressed audience listened to every word of the Designer Panel, looking for ways of getting their foot in somewhere in the Fashion Industry.“She’s so cool, she’s so ridiculous,” said one enraptured student, recording the panel on her cell phone. "I want to be the next her."







 Panelist and stylist Derek Warburton also spoke about how much he struggled through his early career in the fashion world.
“I’m you, just a few years later,” he said. “I fought, I dug, I did everything I had to do to get here. It’s just so much work.”

 "But not everyone at the panel had a long, storied legacy in the fashion world. One panelist, Leandra Medine, only graduated from the New School in May. Her blog, The Man Repeller  http://www.manrepeller.com/catalogues fashion that women love but men hate."

“I’m sitting on 2 million views a month," she said. "The only thing I can tell you is that if you have an idea, buy that 10 dollar URL and run with it.”
 "Grace Coddington by Mr. Newton. File this one under things that stimulate a subconscious strive toward red hair, everywhere. Re: post title, see here. "From The Man Repeller an amazingly insightful blog.

"On the other end of the table, Johnson encouraged the audience to move online with their ideas for style and fashion.
“I know the importance of the blogging and the twittering — to me it’s the most important part of the company” Johnson said."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to be really something that I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I am looking forward for your next post, I’ll try to get the hang of it!
Woven Carpet Area Rug White Zebra Stripe BLACK 3x5