Friday, July 16, 2010

The haves and the soon to be have 2.0



Anne Christensen acknowledges that going from T to Glamour is a new direction for her: “Even in my last few years at T, I was trying to embrace mass market brands, and this is a great mix of high and low. This is how people dress, and we just have to embrace this reality. I’m not afraid of the challenge.” [Daily Front Row]


This is one of those bleeps about embracing mass market branding. I think the tippy tippy top of the fashion world is sad, mad and complaining about what is going on out there. I read a story of a stylist (I will bring her to light) and her depression over that those well kept secret designers where becoming known and it devalued her "wardrobe" and sadden her and the same time. That special one of a kind life was over in the fashion world. Anne Christensen is moving from T the New York Times version of a kick ass vanguard of fashion magazine to the more mainstream Glamour and that we all just have to get use to it. She called it a challenge. Are we not good enough for the top designers designs at Target, Mango or Kohls? Of course we are and this group of insecure, snooty, globtrotters, can sulk all they want. I am your every woman, I have been able to afford high end fashion (with lots of saving and smart shopping) but will be the shopper looking for collaborations, UO recycling. I have a good eye at the Thrift and been lucky. So suck it up poor rich lady. The great Buddha said "Life is suffering" like when 10 other folks have the same boots as you.


No comments: