Saturday, June 27, 2009

it's the ankle boot thing

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/25/fashion/25NOTICED.html?ref=fashion

just check out this article in the New York Times this week. This happens to me every once in a while, more than my husband would care ( because all I talk about is the item I'm obsessing over is all he gets from me) to hear in a conversation. In the article they state that the "summer boot " is becoming a must have piece. I went from wanting just one pair the right pair to wanting a bunch of different looks. I have always been a fan of wearing contradictions. When I worked as a book store manager I would saunter in wearing a pink Laura Ashley dress with my oxford Dr. Marten's. This was back in the 90's. Now I wear the little dresses with a layered look and my lovely ankle length motorcycle boots. Those boots have been a staple in my wardrobe for years. So much that the heels needed to be resoled. I hated the cowboy with the dress style way back. It seemed too done. But with these new summer/ankle boots styles you can make so many looks. I also bought riding boots this year. One of my favorite looks for anyone is a bulky cardigan with T, leggings and riding boots. It's so "high end" and yet so affordable. I bought my black riding boots at Target 50% off (12.50) legging can be very affordable, the sweater you can go cashmere, you can go Costco, I prefer the wrap kind to pull the outfit in and give you some shape.

No comments: